Wessex Education Shared Services has an exciting opportunity for a Data Administrator to join their team in Redlands. This is a full-time role offering a competitive salary of £17,000 per annum.
We are a busy organisation that can offer you a great working environment and opportunities. Wessex Education Shared Services (WESS) is a pioneering shared service company operating in a Further Education environment.
We provide a wide range of services to our two Member colleges: Brockenhurst College and Bournemouth & Poole College including financial management, payroll, human resources, examinations, student records and data returns processing and IT Software development.
The Data Administrator Role:
Working in a small team to process enrolments for our apprentices and to ensure accurate student records for both of WESS customer colleges. You will work closely with our partner colleges as well as dealing with customers and employers to resolve issues.
While a good mix of skills is required to perform the job, more important is accurate data input, having the ability to learn, great customer service and working within a team.
As our Data Administrator your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Provide efficient and accurate administration of student data from point of enrolment and completion
- Assist with a rolling programme of checks and data cleaning schedules
- Respond to queries of both internal and external customers and employers in a clear and professional manner
- Send relevant communication to internal and external customers
- Ensure that good customer service is always delivered and that deadlines are adhered to
- Flexible to work in other WESS administration teams as required at busy times of the year.
- Assist with events in the partner colleges such as enrolment or exams sessions
- Support in the monitoring of enrolment data and ensuring its accuracy
- Enrol students on the correct courses and to process transfers and/or withdrawals where necessary
- Take payments from students during enrolment events
The ideal Assistant Financial Accountant will need:
- Level 2 qualifications (5+ GCSEs or equivalent) or equivalent work experience
- Data Entry experience
- Previous experience of working with MS packages especially Excel and other IT package software for data entry
- Experience of following processes and procedures
- Experience of working to tight deadlines
- Experience of cash handling and following financial policies
- Ability to provide a good customer experience
Benefits will include:
- Access to a company pension scheme
- Free eye care vouchers
- Access to a range of discounts including shopping, travel and healthcare
- 25 days leave plus bank holidays (pro rata for part time staff)
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme provided externally to WESS; this is a completely confidential service and is free to all members of staff
If you feel you are the right candidate for this Data Administrator role then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!
Wessex Education Shared Services is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate safeguarding checks which includes an enhanced DBS check as well as providing proof of right to work in the UK.
Our Success depends on the people that work for us. Your skills and experience are important but it's also about how you fit into our team too. If there is anything that you would like to know that we have not covered here, then please get in touch.
Yes, we know our application process is long but we are interested in hearing about you.
Delivering excellence in innovative Supporting Service Solutions for the UK's most successful colleges.
Managing our work with integrity and commitment to improve everything everyday.