We are just finalising some changes to the functionality of the system.
Please click here to access your application for a vacancy if you applied before Friday 13th May 2022
To make a new application or continue with one that you began after this date, please login or select apply for this job as normal. You will need to re-register.
Wessex Education Shared Services has an exciting opportunity for a Exams Officer to join their team in Brockenhurst. This is a full-time role offering a competitive salary of £22,442 per annum.
We are a busy organisation that can offer you a great working environment and opportunities.
Wessex Education Shared Services (WESS) is a pioneering shared service company operating in a Further Education environment. We provide a wide range of services to our member college: Brockenhurst College including financial management, payroll, human resources, examinations, student records and data returns processing and IT Software development.
About our Exams Officer role:
Working for a shared service that delivers support services for multiple colleges, you will be working within the team that oversees the student records and data services at WESS customer colleges.
While a good mix of skills is required to perform the job, more important is having the ability to learn, take ownership and drive to improve processes.
As a Exams Officer you will:
- Ensure that the learners and relevant customer college departments receive the necessary guidance, documentation and support relevant for any given event scheduled.
- Ensure that all necessary documentation is collected from the relevant customer college departments in order to be re-distributed
- To work closely with the Management Information team in the flow of data and requests as necessary.
- Work closely with the Exams Team and your line manager to ensure that all exams are being delivered within the agreed timelines
- Assist with the organisation and distribution and presenting of exam certificates throughout the year as per college request.
- Maintain an effective and efficient filing system for learner registration forms, data capture amendment forms
- Ensure all qualification results are entered accurately
What we are looking for in our Exams Officer:
- Ability to deliver on multiple workloads within time restraints
- Ability to work under own initiative or as part of a team
- Ability to work to a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to solve an error/problem in a logical and structured manner
- A skilled trouble shooter
- To be data orientated with the ability to input accurately and analyse as required
- Ability to master data systems and processes efficiently and effectively
- Level 3 qualification
- 5 GCSE’s (at grade C or above) including maths and English
- Experience of following processes and procedures
- Experience of working to tight deadlines
- Experience of cash handling and following financial policies
- Proficient in the use of data systems
- Experience of delivering a good customer service
Benefits will include:
- Access to a company pension scheme
- Up to up to 5 days leave during the Christmas closure period
- Free eye care vouchers
- Access to a range of discounts including shopping, travel and healthcare
- 25 days leave plus bank holidays (pro rata for part time staff)
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme provided externally to WESS; this is a completely confidential service and is free to all members of staff
If you feel you are the right candidate for this Exams Officer role then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!
Wessex Education Shared Services is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate safeguarding checks which includes an enhanced DBS check as well as providing proof of right to work in the UK.
Our Success depends on the people that work for us. Your skills and experience are important but it's also about how you fit into our team too. If there is anything that you would like to know that we have not covered here, then please get in touch.
Yes, we know our application process is long but we are interested in hearing about you.
Delivering excellence in innovative Supporting Service Solutions for the UK's most successful colleges.
Managing our work with integrity and commitment to improve everything everyday.