Wessex Education Shared Services (WESS) has a unique opportunity for a driven and committed Executive Head (Chief Executive Officer) to join their team. You will be joining on a full time, permanent basis. In return you will receive a competitive salary of £65,000 per annum.
Wessex Education Shared Services (WESS) is a shared services company based in Bournemouth, Dorset. We are wholly owned by and operated on behalf of education institutions. WESS is a company limited by guarantee and is constituted as a cost sharing group which enables the delivery of services at cost, exempt from VAT, to our members.
We strive for customer-focused excellent services and provide a wide range of business support services to our members including financial management, payroll, human resources, examinations, student records and data returns processing, and IT software development. We could not function without our people – they play a vital part in the success of WESS.
Principal duties as our Executive Head (Chief Executive Officer) are to:
- Promote the effective operation of the WESS collaborative partnership by building and maintaining key relationships with and between key College Leaders and Managers.
- Invest in the development of the WESS workforce and organisational structure to meet changing business needs.
- Plan and implement procedure, process and technology changes based on a ‘one best way’ approach to secure continuous improvement and cost efficiency.
- Plan the design and scope of services and implement change programmes to ensure the highest quality with an appropriate blend of responsive and proactive approaches.
- Influence external stakeholders and other representative bodies.
- Support the Directors and Board members in their role of governance and setting strategic direction.
- Undertake the duties of Company Secretary and ensure compliance of Company Directors with all relevant regulations.
The ideal Executive Head (Chief Executive Officer) will need:
- Experienced leader able to work effectively with individuals and teams, coaching, guiding and directing as appropriate.
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication, diplomacy, influencing, negotiating, organisation and administration skills.
- Emotionally resilient, takes responsibility and able to work autonomously within role.
- Professional approach and scrupulously self organised.
- Committed to achieving high standards, setting high expectations, and to leading by example.
- Demonstrates flexibility and commitment to the overall success of customers and the organisation.
- Degree (or equivalent)
- Significant leadership experience in several of the following domains: Funding and Quality, Finance and Audit, HR, Recruitment and OD, IT and Systems, Admissions, Enrolments, Exams, Data Protection, Teaching and Inspection, Recruitment and Marketing
- A sound working knowledge of key regulations, guidance and compliance across the domains listed above.
- Effective budget management including cost reduction approaches.
- Experience mapping, analysing and redesigning processes and procedures.
- Rapid sense-making including ability to assimilate and communicate data and information from unfamiliar domains.
- Experience leading and delivering customer service excellence projects.
- Experience with management of significant development projects including change management methods
- Flexibility regarding working hours to meet deadlines.
- Able to travel frequently between all member college sites.
- Willing and able to travel regionally, nationally and internationally as required.
Benefits will include:
- 30 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- up to 5 days leave during the Christmas closure period
- Access to a company pension scheme
- Free eye care vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Access to a range of discounts including shopping, travel and healthcare
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme provided externally to WESS; this is a completely confidential service and is free to all members of staff
Closing date for Executive Head (Chief Executive Officer: Sunday 20 September 2020
If you feel you are the right candidate for this Executive Head (Chief Executive Officer) role then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!
WESS is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate safeguarding checks which includes an enhanced DBS check as well as providing proof of right to work in the UK.
Our Success depends on the people that work for us. Your skills and experience are important but it's also about how you fit into our team too. If there is anything that you would like to know that we have not covered here, then please get in touch.
Yes, we know our application process is long but we are interested in hearing about you.
Delivering excellence in innovative Supporting Service Solutions for the UK's most successful colleges.
Managing our work with integrity and commitment to improve everything everyday.