Brockenhurst College has an exciting opportunity for a International Administration and Accommodation Officer to join their dedicated and enthusiastic team based in Brockenhurst. You will be working on a part time, permanent basis. In return, you will receive a competitive salary of £18,168 per annum pro rata.
We are a high-achieving college who attract around 3,000 sixth form students across the region each year. We are based within the stunning New Forest National Park and offer our students a huge range of courses and superb facilities.
Main responsibilities as our International Administration and Accommodation Officer:
- Provide an efficient and comprehensive clerical and administrative support to the International Department as required under the direction of the Department Manager.
- Assist the International Department in the smooth operation of all their systems and processes.
- Respond to the manager’s specific instructions and with supervision, to plan and prioritise own work activities to support the delivery of a range of business processes
- Support the International Student Experience Officer in the successful delivery of the homestay programme. In addition to administrative support, support the recruitment and retention of suitable homestay providers.
- Provide advice and guidance to beneficiaries and stakeholders on established policies, applying knowledge of systems and processes.
- Act as a filter for enquiries/issues/problems, escalating those that cannot be resolved to the International Manager as appropriate.
- Act as the key contact for support and customer service for international agents and partners in conjunction with International Officers to ensure relevant support is provided to team members while they are overseas.
- Assist the International Manager to ensure that the college procedures comply with the UKVI regulations and homestay policies.
- Planning and coordination, with support of other team members and other departments, of the operation of summer/winter schools, English courses, High School Experience programme and other group courses as required by the International Manager
Key skills and attitudes required as our International Administration and Accommodation Officer include:
- GCSE’s (or equivalent) at Grade C or above in Mathematics and English
- Extensive experience of working in a business, office or administrative environment.
- Experience in using Microsoft Office applications
- A desire to achieve excellent interpersonal, communication, organisation and administrative skills.
- Demonstrate ability to work under pressure within a target driven environment.
- Demonstrate energy, confidence and enthusiasm to provide excellent customer service.
- Able to work as part of a team, establishing a good rapport with colleagues.
- Flexibility around working times, which may include additional hours or longer days.
- Willingness to conduct homestay visits to meet with prospective and current homestay providers; as such, a current clean driving licence.
- Willingness to be the department’s emergency contact for students/hosts/agents on a rota basis.
Benefits as our International Administration and Accommodation Officer:
- Access to onsite Gym, Tennis/Badminton courts, Football pitches (indoor & out)
- Weekly staff Yoga and Football
- On-site Nursery offers childcare at superb rates all year round
- Enrolment into the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Free eye care vouchers for DSE users
- Free secure onsite parking
- Access to a range of discounts including shopping, travel and healthcare
- 25 days leave plus bank holidays (pro rata for part time staff)
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme provided externally to the College. This is a completely confidential service and is free to all members of staff at the College
If you feel you are the right candidate for the International Administration and Accommodation Officer roleand are looking for an opportunity to gain a nationally recognized qualificationthen please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate safeguarding checks which includes an enhanced DBS check as well as providing proof of right to work in the UK.
Our Success depends on the people that work for us. Your skills and experience are important but it's also about how you fit into our team too. If there is anything that you would like to know that we have not covered here, then please get in touch.
Yes, we know our application process is long but we are interested in hearing about you.
Delivering excellence in innovative Supporting Service Solutions for the UK's most successful colleges.
Managing our work with integrity and commitment to improve everything everyday.